Wednesday, June 5, 2013

We moved!

We moved over the weekend to our new place, 4 blocks south.  We're loving the larger space (almost double) and two bedrooms.  We bought a new sofa and haven't sold our old one yet so we're storing both in the main room right now.. that's making it rather difficult to maneuver around the place with boxes though!






Matt rented a truck on Saturday and some of our friends helped him move all the furniture.  We made 7 trips earlier in the week to move all of our boxes and clothes.  I spent Saturday unpacking and waiting for DirecTv to install everything.

Around lunchtime we decided it was time to grill out and have some beers as a thank you to our friends.  It was about 75 and sunny, perfect weather to enjoy our new backyard!  It was hard to continue unpacking after that event, so we were pretty worthless the rest of the night!  We still have a lot of unpacking to do.. but we're slowly making progress!


Using our new wedding champagne flutes for a toast on our first night!


Sunday we went to our old place and cleaned for several hours... hoping to get at least 50% of our deposit back! I swear you always get scammed no matter how much you clean.  That night we had a concert at Red Rocks - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.  It was such a good concert! It's one of the few bands Matt listens to that I actually enjoy.  I wish it wasn't on a Sunday night though, work (jury duty) was in the back of my mind the whole time!



Monday morning I woke up after 5 hours of sleep (I need 8 hours, so this was seriously rough!) and biked to Civic Center Park for my jury duty. I had never done it before and it was just as mundane and long as I expected.  My number was one of the first to be called, so I was in the courtroom by 9am.  They called 50 people in that court room and then narrowed it down to 25 people to sit in the jurors chairs.  The prosecutor and defender asked questions for probably 1-2 hours that everybody had to answer.  This helped both sides determine who they wanted to be on the case.  I wasn't one of the people to have their number called and sit up there, so I was excused once they determined their jurors.  I was excused around 12:15!

It's going to be a busy week with month end, a visit from corporate, and my bachelorette party this weekend! I'm leaving Thursday night for Miami, so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment