Friday, August 9, 2013

4 weeks until the wedding!!

I can't even believe there is just one month until the wedding!  We've  made some serious progress on our to do list:


  • Make Welcome Guest Bags (purchased items, just need to assemble!)
  • Work through the timeline - in process
  • Create wedding program & determine readings
  • Print programs - 40% done!
  • Create and print place cards
  • Create do not play list for DJ
  • Buy Groomsmen gifts
  • Buy Bridesmaids gifts (halfway done :) )
  • Create favors
  • Buy Guest Book
  • Order Wedding Rings
  • Pick up wedding rings and get my engagement ring cleaned
  • Ring Bearer pillow (not sure what we will do for this)
  • Get the marriage license!

Over the next two weeks we have final meetings with all of the vendors. I have actually really enjoyed the wedding planning process.  Matt and I are very organized people, so we have checklists and spreadsheets for everything.  It has been hard doing it from 1200 miles away, but definitely bearable.  My mom has been great and has helped us out as far as going to different vendors to check out things in person.  There have definitely been times where we have spent the entire weekend doing wedding stuff (...invitations), but that's what happens when you're so involved in your plans.

The invitations were the most time consuming part of the whole process.  They took about 20-25 hours (for each Matt and I) to make.  It took about 1 month to complete them.  I'm glad we did them because it was a huge cost savings to do our own paper products (about 50%).  We did all of our save the dates, invitations, table numbers, place cards, programs, thank you cards, welcome bag notes, etc.  I highly recommend Paper Source for paper products!




I love the shoes I'm wearing on the wedding day!  I'm starting to wear them around the house to break them in so I won't be dying on the wedding day!  I also got a hairpin from etsy. I haven't seen it in person since I had it shipped straight to my parents, but it looks so pretty in the pictures,

Four weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment