Friday, August 16, 2013

Three Weeks till the Wedding: Seating Chart & Place Cards

I can't believe how close we are getting!! Matt and I were talking this morning and we don't really feel nervous, we're just really excited to celebrate with our friends! Well, he's not nervous at all, I'm pretty nervous to walk down the aisle, but that's it.  Praying I don't trip!!

We're still waiting on some responses from guests so unfortunately we can't finalize the guest tables, but we've started working on it anyway.  Considering we're making our own place cards and we have to make two copies for our venue, I want to get those finished!

Our venue requires to place cards.  One version to inform the guest of their table and the second will be placed in front of their seat which shows the entree selection.  I've never heard of requiring two place cards, but the venue told us this was best so they don't have to ask the guest which entree they have.  The wedding coordinator said they do this to avoid the issue of guests not putting their place cards in front of their seat.  To me it sounds like added work, but what can you do!

Instead of creating the same place card twice, I'm planning on creating a larger seating chart which lists each guests name along with their table number.  I've found some cute ideas on Etsy:





My sister in law has offered to help me print these the week before the wedding,which is really nice. One less thing for me to worry about!

For the place cards on each guests table, we went with more Paper Source items (shocker!).  Instead of writing out "beef" and "fish", we're going to color coded the place cards so the venue knows who ordered what. We have been using two main colors on our paper source products for the wedding, a navy and a light green (night and moss).  

We are using these place cards and these labels to print on.  We're definitely taking the easy way out - I originally planned to have the place cards include a lot more crafting! I loved the heat embossing tool at Paper Source but I can assure you the last thing I want to do these last few weeks is use that tool on 180 place cards!!







No comments:

Post a Comment