Wednesday, May 8, 2013

We're moving... 4 blocks away!

We've been living in our current place since I moved to Denver at the end of September 2011.  I came out here for my final interview in August and realized that was my "free" (the company paid for my flight) opportunity to look at potential apartments if I got the job.  My interview was Monday morning so I asked if they could fly me out first thing Sunday morning.  I rented a car and drove all around Denver going to different apartment showing appointments I had previously set up.

I ended up getting a pretty small place, but it was new, clean and about 5 blocks from the park.  It was only 575 square feet, but that was plenty of space for just me.  Then Matt moved out here.  And things got tight.   The first 6 months or so weren't bad but then we started to get really frustrated when we couldn't go to the bathroom/bedroom when the fridge was open because it was blocking the hallway, or I had to stop blow drying my hair and move out of the way for Matt to get to his dresser.

Last month in April 2013, I had my wedding shower back home and we brought all of our gifts back with us (so happy we were able to fit them all in our checked bags!).  I don't want to sound ungrateful because we were so excited about all of our new gifts, but we were pretty much busting at the seams at this point.  We have boxes everywhere and the dining room table is covered in random stuff.  Needless to say, we're SO excited to be moving in a few weeks!

We found a place on craigslist that was within our budget and surprisingly cheap for being that close to the park (0.10 miles) so I emailed the landlord right away.  We had an appointment two days later to see it in person. Within two hours of seeing the apartment, we had already paid the deposit and signed the lease!  Apartments go so quickly in Wash Park!





No comments:

Post a Comment