Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wedding Update

I'm pretty long overdue (okay 3 months) for a post.  Most of my time is consumed with wedding planning and it's  been tricky doing it from 1200 miles away.  We have several items checked off our list, although the list seems never ending!

The venue and the church were taken care of right away since we flew back to Detroit two weeks after we got engaged last September. Since then, we've booked the photographer, DJ, hotel blocks, created a website, looked at invitations, ordered my wedding dress and ordered the grooms suit.  The groomsmen's suits are in the process of being ordered and I'm going to Chicago this weekend to look at bridesmaids dresses!  So, it's been busy.

We picked out invitations at a local store but we're trying to see if we can make the other paper products ourselves.  Unfortunately Paper Source does not make paper that is a size our printer supports, so we're hoping to somehow trick the printer and get this to print.  We already have some great templates and fonts we want to use, just needto figure out this last piece!  If we can figure this out, we will probably try to print our own Save the Dates.  You could say I'm a little bit of a control freak - yes it is more cost effective to print our own paper products but it also seems much more fun to me to be hands on!

This weekend I'm meeting some of my bridesmaids in Chicago (two of them live there) to do some bridesmaids dress hunting!  We're going to J.Crew, Bella Bridesmaid and Nordstrom.  I know they will be navy dresses (the guys are wearing grey suits with a navy tie), but I'm not sure what else we will be looking for.  There are a few J.Crew dresses I absolutely love but for some reason whenever I see their clothes in person and on my body they never seem as cute.  So I don't want to get my hopes up!

Crossing my fingers the big storm on the East Coast won't impact travel plans for this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment